Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday



Linking up with MelShay Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday!

It's where we share our thoughts on certain things like things we're looking forward to, what we're eating & our aspirations. Let's get started!




What we're eating this week...
Summer staples; burgers, bbq chicken, corn on the cob. Lots of yummy goodness!
What I'm reminiscing about...
Fall. I know I'm a little crazy, but I am really looking forward to boot and sweater weather. With the Nordstrom anniversary sale, all of the fall previews have me thinking about pumpkins, fall candles, apple picking..all of it!  It's my favorite time of year!


What I'm loving...
Beach days with friends! We've had some picture perfect beach days. While going to the beach with a toddler is anything but relaxing, I still feel at peace by the ocean. It is my happy place and I love living near the water. Sharing it with friends makes it that much nicer!


What we've been up to...
Filling our days with play dates at the beach, friend's houses, the playground, etc. Getting ready for a whirlwind few weeks coming up!
What I'm dreading...
So remember when I said I was dreading our upcoming dentist appointments? Well those got pushed back to a different date (now mid-August) so I'm now dreading them again this month ;).
What I'm working on...
My blogging mindset. I will be scaling back a little on the blog doing a few days a week instead of M-F. I have been praying about my goals and path a lot and I have decided to blog less days with the hopes of providing higher quality content and also focusing more attention on other areas of my life too. I'm looking forward to taking this step in my blogging journey!
What I'm excited about...
Trips to camp to visit our friends and our annual beach vacation with my family!
What I'm watching/reading...
Games of Thrones! Still catching up, but we only have two episodes left until we have to wait until next spring like everyone else! Next up, maybe House of Cards? Anybody have any good suggestions for me and the hubby to watch together?

I'm reading another Emily Giffin book, Baby Proof. Love her! The perfect summer read!


What I'm listening to...
At this moment? John Mayer! I have also been listening to a lot of Hillsong United, Lady Antebellum and Luke Bryan. All of which are favorites of mine!

What I'm wearing...
I've pretty much lived in a bathing suit this month! However, when not in a bathing suit, I have been wearing lots of casual, fun summer outfits.


You can find some of my latest outfits HERE
.
What I'm doing this weekend...
End of the year pool party with the school and one of the groomsmen in our wedding is coming to visit! We haven't seen him since September for his wedding! We are also have a tag sale here at the school this weekend.

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Time off with Mike again! I'm looking forward to wrapping up an awesome summer filled with friends and family.

What else is new...
Riley is turning into a little chatter box. She is saying new words everyday and asking what a lot of things are. So anywhere we go she is pointing to things and we tell her what they are. We are working on please and thank you and she is doing a good job with them. It is fun having a toddler who understands a lot of what we say (and then there are some moments I wish she didn't! haha).

And that's what's up this month! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

-A

2 comments:

  1. Totally understand about Fall!! I'm so excited for the fall season this year :) Love Emily Giffin books!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fall! Enjoy the beach, girl! I love all of your outfits. So cute!

    ReplyDelete