Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mom2Mom: Pool Bag Essentials



We are in the middle of pool bag season, so I thought that I would share some tips for packing a pool bag for you and your kids. 

Here's what I have in my pool bag.


1. Snacks
First and foremost, a successful trip to the pool requires water and snacks. I never leave the house without snacks. 
2. Towels
You need these for obvious reasons.
3. Change of clothes
I pack a change of clothes for both Riley and I in our own ziploc bags. After we are done swimming and get changed, our wet bathing suits go right into the (now empty) ziploc bags. I also bring a plastic shopping bag (say from Target) and use that to throw our wet towels in after we swim.
4. Extra diapers/wipes/swim diapers
With toddlers, it is always a good idea to bring extra diapers/wipes/swim diapers. I put those in a ziploc as well to keep them from getting wet.
5. Hair care/sunblock bag
In this cosmetic bag, I put a hair brush for both Ry and I, some leave-in-conditioner, a hair tie, headband, lotion, deoderant & our sunblock.
6. Hat
I always bring a hat for Ry and me just in case we need them.
7. Extra shoes
I also bring extra shoes to put on after we're dry, so we're not going home with really wet sandals, after our rinse off in the pool showers.

Now, in terms of special tips to make my life easier when going to the pool, here's what I have found that really helps me.

1. Buy extras of the things you bring to the pool.
I do this so that I am not constantly moving things from one bag to another. It eliminates having to think about what I need to put in our pool bag in the morning. It all just stays put in our beach/pool bag. Things like sunblock, diapers, wipes, deoderant, and a hairbrush are some of the things I have bought specifically for our pool/beach bag for the summer. Which brings me to my next point..
2. Keep your pool bag near the door with all of the things you need in it.
Our pool bag is pretty much all ready to go all the time. The only thing I need to add to it is our change of clothes for the day. Other than that, I wash our towels and they go right into our beach bag, all of our toiletries are already in there. It is just grab and go in the morning. Having it by the door eliminates walking upstairs to grab it.
3. Have water resistant bags to put things you don't want wet into. For example, clothes, phone, wallet, etc.
You don't want these things getting wet. Now, you have a bag to use afterward too to put your wet bathing suits in.
4. Go to the pool already dressed in your bathing suits.

You only want to do the whole changing thing once. Eliminate it at the beginning. I just put a regular diaper on Riley under her swimsuit and change her into a swim diaper once we're there. This is also why I prefer the two piece bathing suits for her to make that whole process a little easier.

Those are my tips for packing a pool bag with kids.

Linking up with  Kathy for Titus 2 Tuesdays!

Hope you have an awesome Tuesday!

See you back here tomorrow!

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment