Monday, July 13, 2015

DIY Wine Bottle Chalk Messages



 Today, I am sharing a do-it-yourself project that I have been working on, wine bottle chalk messages.

It's pretty simple, it just takes a few days for a few minutes each day to do it. It makes for a great home decor piece, a perfect wedding table sign, or any party you are hosting.

Here's what you need to do.

1. Soak your wine bottles in soapy water over night.



2. In the morning, use a sponge to scrub the labels off of the bottles. They should be fairly easy to scrape off. There was a little extra stickiness to the bottles at the end that I found easier to scrape off with a knife. Just be careful!


Here are the bottles once the labels/stickers were cleaned off.

3. Now, let the bottles completely dry before doing the next step.


4. Once the bottles are completely dry, spray glass primer all over the bottles (I usually do at least 2 coats) and let them completely dry. I choose to do this step at night before I go to bed so they can completely dry by morning.

5. Next, paint each bottle with chalkboard paint. Let it completely dry (usually a few hours) and add another coat. 


6. Once those are completely dry, remove the label across the upper part of the wine bottle.

Now all of the wine bottles are level with chalkboard paint.


7. Now, go ahead and write whatever you'd like on them!


That's it! Pretty simple and a fun little project!

Linking up with Cheryl for Monday Funday and Huckleberry Love for Much Ado about Monday!

Happy DIY-ing!

-A


1 comment:

  1. I love to find new ways of using empty wine bottles. Thanks for the idea!

    By the way, I would love to have you post on my new blog hop—the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home (www.myflagstaffhome.com). It begins on Thursday evenings and lasts through the weekend, if you're interested.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete