Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Shade of Alyssa: Wall Decor


Something that I take a lot of pride in is filling my home with memories with my family and friends. I love decorating with photos. It is definitely a shade of who I am. I love when I walk through each room in my home I am can relive a special memory with my family by looking around. 



Our living room.


By our front entryway closet.



Our bookshelf is where we have photos of our families.




Our staircase.



Our upstairs hallway.


Our Master Bedroom.

Some tips I have for decorating with photos

-Black and white photos always look classier. 

-Match frames to overall feel of the room. 
(We have a black coffee table and media console in our living room so we went with black frames)

-Buy frames that allow for mounting.


 Like this.


It always looks more put together.


-Play around with arrangements, add fun signs, etc.

That's what we did on our stairs.

-Less is more, in my opinion, don't over clutter a space with so many picture frames.

-Switch out the pictures a few times a year to keep photos updated.
Riley is constantly growing, so I keep some from when she was little and change out a few every so often to have some more current photos of her.

You can really make a space feeling homey and comfortable by adding personal photos to your wall decor. 

I hope this post has inspired you to add a personal touch to your decorating.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment