Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesdays: My Most Embarrassing Moment


I'm linking up for another edition of Show & Tell Tuesdays with Andrea at Momfessionals. Today, we are sharing all about our most embarrassing moment.

To be honest, there are a few that come to mind and it was hard to decide which one was my most embarrassing moment. Ultimately, they all come down to one recurring theme, I am clumsy.


Yep, my life.

This embarrassing story goes back to high school. I was the tall, string bean that was an athlete, but man I tripped/fell/ate it a lot. 


I'm the one in the middle.


I hadn't quite (and still haven't) gotten the coordination of my long limbs down.


A baby giraffe, anyone?

So here I am, a Junior in High School, Spring has come and the weather is getting warmer so I decided I was going to wear a fun, Spring skirt to school.  


Yay! 


Something sort of like this, but just a tad bit longer (and by longer I'd say an inch, maybe). Nope. Bad idea, abort mission! What was I thinking?

My High School was three floors and to get to my classes I would have to walk up and down those stairs 100 times a day. Science was on the first floor, Math on the second floor, History on the third, etc. By the end of the day, my legs were pretty tired. 

To save time, I would often carry all of my books, plus my notebooks, around with me. I didn't like carrying a backpack. A lot of girls would carry their purse and their books, that's just what us teenagers thought was cool. So here I am, tired legs + a armful of books + a skirt = BAD IDEA.


At the end of the day, I had just had Science class on the first floor, but needed to make my way up three flights of stairs to the third floor to get my things from my locker. I was carrying all of my books and yes, still wearing that fun, Spring skirt. Everybody (Senior boys, my peers, teachers, EVERYONE) was out in the hallways making their up and down the stairs when I ate it. I tripped, my books went flying, and my skirt, well let's just say everyone got a show. It was SO embarrassing. Thank God some friends quickly came to my rescue and helped me pull myself back together, get my books, and high tail it out of there. I am so grateful for friends. That was definitely the silver lining in the whole scenario. I can totally laugh about this now, but at the time, I seriously considered not going to school ever again ha!

I'm sure a lot of you have experienced something similar. I would love to hear your stories and then we can get a good laugh and support each other in our embarrassing moments!

Here's what's on tap for this years Show and Tell Tuesdays. In two weeks, I'll be sharing all about my favorite vacation ever!


In the meantime, follow my daily happenings on Instagram,
my Pin-spired posts on Pinterest &
our new Facebook page, The Lindquist Life.

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Love it! I am pretty clumsy too so could totally relate to this :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It was one of the moments where I wish I wasn't so clumsy!

      Delete
  2. Oh no!!
    That is embarrassing, but I'm glad you had a good support system of friends :)
    It makes for a good story now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most definitely! That was the silver lining in all of this for sure! I can laugh about it now. I feel for your story too! That must have been so tiring dragging your kayak along! But at least you were safe by the shore and not stuck somewhere. Have a nice day! :)

      Delete