Monday, February 2, 2015

Crockpot Chili


Yesterday, my favorite team played in the Super Bowl, the New England Patriots, AND we won. It was a crazy end to the game, if you were home watching it with me you might have seen some yelling, jumping around, and on the interception me running like a crazy woman down the hallway followed by some tears of joy.

But nevermind all that. I decided there is no better dinner to watch some football with other than crockpot chili. I LOVE using my slow cooker. The set it and forget mentality is my jam. 

We love our All-Clad Deluxe Slow Cooker that we received as a wedding present. In my opinion, it is a must have kitchen tool, especially if you are busy. You can find the same one here. Right now they are offering free shipping, so it is a great time to buy.



I grew up eating a lot of meals from my mom's Betty Crocker cookbook. This is one of my faves.

Crockpot Chili

2 lb lean (80% or higher) ground beef
 (I usually substitute with ground turkey for a healthier option)
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can (15-16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Shredded Cheese, if desired

1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
(I usually start putting the other ingredients in the crockpot while it cooks).
2. In the slow cooker, mix beef and remaining ingredients expect beans and cheese.
3. Cover and cook on Low setting 6-8 hours (or High for 3-4 hours).
4. Stir in beans. Increase heat to High. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, crackers, etc. if desired.

That's it!

Happy Monday!

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment