Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Favorites: February Goals


Another addition of Friday Favorites as it snows outside my window. 

This week I want to talk about my goals for the month of February. Goals can be my favorites of the week right?

1. Drink more water.



I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 7 days with Sunday being yoga after church. I would say that I drink about 4 glasses a day. By the end of the day, I feel how dehydrated I am and when I do drink a lot of water, my body feels great. So this month, I am pushing myself to drink 8 cups a day, double what I am doing now. I am really hoping to stick to this.

2. Be more intentional about my time with my family. 



I feel God has been working on my heart in this area a lot lately. Our days are very scheduled and routine. That's how we function, Riley included. I work off of a to-do list every day; laundry on Mondays, cleaning on Friday, etc. Riley is taking two naps still so most of our day is working towards the next nap. This month, I want to focus less on my to-do list and what is coming next and really take time to be fully present in sharing moments and memories with my family. 

3. Find fun, cheap/free, ways for Ry and I to make new memories.



Sensory play, library hour, etc. Winter can be sort of dreary and we can get a bit of cabin fever. Why not liven things up? I've been pinning a whole bunch of ideas, including some of these from Intentional by Grace.

4. Spend more quality time with my hubby.



This is another area that God is working in me. Having a baby usually means less focus on time with your spouse, and for us, with a new job, tired days, etc. we haven't been able to focus as much on each other as we'd like. Now that Riley is almost a year old and we are starting to feel like ourselves again. It is time to put more of ourselves into our marriage. We decided this weekend to do a fun activity I saw on Dating Divas. I'll be sharing the idea sometime next week.

5. Finish Riley's 1 Year Photo book.



On the day of my High School Graduation, my mom surprised me with photo albums from every year of my life. It had pictures, art projects, report cards, etc. It was the most meaningful gift I ever received. I plan on doing the same for my children. With Riley's 1st birthday fast approaching, I want to make sure to finish hers by the end of the month (so I can include her birthday party pictures). I am doing hers through Shutterfly.com and right now you can save up to 50%! Score!

Happy February and happy Friday!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment