Monday, January 26, 2015

Saving Money: DIY Mantle Decor


I don't know about you, but I LOVE Pinterest. I really love looking at home decor ideas in particular. I am always browsing looking for new ways to spruce up my home decor. 

Last week, I saw this idea, on Mom 4 Real, and knew I had to do it (without breaking the bank).

I know large frames usually cost upwards of $50 and so I ventured to Goodwill with Riley on Sunday to check out what they had. I ended up finding a large framed picture (in gold) for $2.99. Can't beat that! 

I brought it home and stripped the picture frame down so all that was left was the frame (no glass, no picture) and set it down on an old towel on our kitchen table and painted the frame white using white Acrylic paint. I applied the paint with a paper towel to give it a worn, vintage look.


After letting it dry, I tied red ribbon around my Valentine's Day wreath and hung it on my mantle. I did a twist on the idea from Mom 4 Real based of this image. And also did a smaller version of the large one (far left).


What I really love about this idea is it is easy to use all season/holidays, you just switch out what hangs from the frame.

I love this idea to personalize a space using a letter.

 This is a fun summer time look, or a way to dress up your mantle for a birthday party.


I also LOVE this idea, a Christmas card holder! A great way to display all those holiday cards from loved ones.

In other news, we are gearing up for a huge snowstorm here tonight. They're calling for 30+ inches where we are. Ry and I are headed to the store after her nap to stock up on diapers, water, & chocolate (the important things!). Hope you all have a wonderful Monday morning! 

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment