Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: Beauty Routine


Back for another Show & Tell Tuesday with Andrea! This week we're sharing all about our beauty routine. 

But first, I wanted to start out with something I was thinking about a lot when writing this post. It is a lot of fun to share our beauty routines and get tips and tricks (and awesome new products to try) but I think it should also be said that while these things are fun, beauty is so much more than skin deep.

I think a lot about what it means to be beautiful and what I want my daughter to know as she grows up and faces a world with a lot of pressures to be beautiful.

I want her to know that beauty comes from the inside. I want her to know that God created her in His image and she is beautiful in His eyes. I want her to know that being KIND and HUMBLE are more important than the clothes she wears. I want her to to find JOY in her life. I want her to wake up every morning a choose happiness. Choose to see the positive, wonderful things in her life that God has blessed her with despite the negative. I want her to know the peace that comes with knowing God and living her life wrapped in His love. I hope she appreciates the little things and is grateful. I hope she is confident & self-assure. These things make someone truly beautiful. 

I hope all of these things for her that go beyond physical beauty. I do hope she respects her body and takes care of it and all of the surface level aspects of beauty will do that, but above all I hope her beauty radiates from her heart.

Now that my sappy part of this post is done, let's get to my beauty routine, which is pretty straightforward and simple.


Mornings start with my quiet time & a work out. I wash my hair every other day, so I plan my workouts accordingly (with the super sweaty days being on the days I wash my hair).


I love Ogx brand shampoo and conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling soft with less breakage. A total bonus is the smell it leaves in my hair. I feel like I'm on a tropical island!


After I shower, I get right to blow drying my hair. I like to use a round brush to minimize frizz and I swear my hair drys faster because of it.


I love that my hair dryer has this attachment to the front that is meant to straighten hair. It also comes with an attachment to blow dry for curly hair. This also helps lessen the frizz and dry smoothly.


I couldn't manage the hair dryer and the brush while simultaneously taking a picture, but the idea here is that you run the round brush underneath your hair and face the hair dryer down.



Now that my hair is dry, I turn on my Chi straightener and let it warm up. While it is warming up, I move onto make up.


This is all I use for make up in the summer. It is too hot to wear a lot of make up and it all ends up coming off in the pool/ocean.


First, I rub CoverGirl BB cream on my face and let it set in.


Then I take my bareMinerals powder and dab just a little into the lid and apply to problem areas around my face with the correction brush.




Next, I curl my lashes with a eyelash curler and apply my CoverGirl waterproof mascara.



Then I apply a light brown eye shadow to my lid.


Now that my make up is done and my straightener is warm, I begin styling my hair. If I want to wear it straight, I just run the straightener through each section of my hair and spray dry shampoo & hair spray and call it a day. If I plan on swimming that day, I blow dry it (to make it more manageable) and skip this part all together. Here's what I do if I want to curl it.


I start my straightening the crown of my hair to eliminate frizz and waves.



Then I curl each section of my head with my straightener by twisting my hair with the straightener and then holding the base of the twist and clamp the straightener over the twist and move it down the twist to the base. This leaves me with tight curls.


To get a move natural look, I gently run my fingers through my hair pulling the pieces apart.


Then I spray from dry shampoo and run my finger through my hair again to give it some body. 


Next is some hair spray to manage frizz and the curls.


Then I am ready for the day!


With a cute little sleepy visitor to greet me ;).

That's my beauty routine! If you want to read some of my other Show and Tell Tuesday posts, check them out HERE.

Be on the lookout for more Show & Tell Tuesday posts every other week. Next time, we'll share our houses with you! Yay!


Hope you all have a wonderful day!

-A


3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could make curls like that! Trying it today!

    www.lindsayotis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try doing my hair with my straightener like that! I see it all over Pinterest, but you are first one that I can see the results! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! I love that your products are things I can actually afford :)
    Do you color your hair?

    ReplyDelete