Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesdays: My Favorite Room


Today is another edition of Show and Tell Tuesdays with Andrea at Momfessionals. And today we are sharing all about our favorite room in our homes.

This was a tough one for me to decide because I really love each room in our townhome but it came down to two rooms.

#1. Riley's Room


#2. Our Living Room


I love how Riley's room turned out. It is girly without being too over the top and I just love the baby jungle animal silhouettes on the wall but in the end, I chose..

..our living room.





Please don't mind the mess of toys in these pictures. We live in a smaller townhome so our living room is also Riley's playroom. I want her to feel like she can play freely without me picking up behind her. So this is the real, what our house looks like on a typical day-view of our living room. And to be honest, I like having her toys all over the place, it makes our home feel lived in and comfortable.

Our living room is where we spend a majority of our time in our home. This is where the action happens.


I love having the bay windows to look outside while we're playing or I'm reading with a cup of coffee. These windows also let in a lot of natural sunlight which is great. In the summer we love to have these open to hear the birds in the morning.


I also love having a fireplace. I usually sit right there on the end of our couch curled up with a good book on a lazy Sunday afternoon.


And from my couch, I get to look at our mantle everyday. I love decorating our mantle for different season. It's definitely one of those little things in life that make my heart happy.

We don't have much space, but that is okay by us. With where we are in life right now, we don't need much and the amount of love that fills these walls is enough for me. I love our living room for all the memories its created and the simple pleasures it brings to my day.




















I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Such great spaces! Plus that fire looks totally cozy :-)
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your living space! I also love how you showed how much you love it and enjoy it, even if it is small. That makes the space so much more comfy-cozy! And I LOVE your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I love to curl up by the fire every night. It's great!

    ReplyDelete