Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mexican Bowls



As a busy mom, I really need meals that are easy to make and I can prep them ahead of time and have them all week. I try to eat fairly healthy and last minute lunch decisions usually lead me to poor choices. I love Mexican food and this is a great, healthy lunch (or dinner!) option for me.


What You'll Need:

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
cooked brown rice (4 servings worth)
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained


What You Do:

1. Cook ground turkey in a sauce pan thoroughly before adding taco seasoning
2. Cook the brown rice (4 servings worth)
3. Rinse & Drain black beans
4. Gather 4 containers & layer black beans, rice & ground turkey
5. When ready to eat, warm up if desired and then add all your favorite mexican toppings; I love pico de gallo salsa, organic shredded mozzarella cheese, avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, & a little bit of plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)


Now you have a great, healthy meal on the go!

Happy Wednesday, dear friends! Hope yours is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment