Tuesday, December 9, 2014

DIY Photo Collage Letters

I have been thinking of some new DIY home decor projects to work on and thought of this idea. A photo collage letter. I made mine as Christmas gift for my parents. I found the letter of my maiden name at Michaels, for me it was the letter "T". I would get the larger letter because otherwise you won't fit the pictures. Then I printed collage 4x6 prints from Walgreens. The wallets were more expensive (and you get 4 of the same picture) and the 4x6 prints were way too big. The collage prints on a 4x6 were perfect because they were small enough to fit and only $0.39 per collage picture. I opted for black and white photos because I think they look classier that way. Here are the directions..

What you'll need:
-photos
-wooden letter
-black paint & paint brush
-glue
-mod podge
-scissors

1. Paint your wooden letter black (so it isn't obvious where gaps are) and let it dry.
2. Once dry, cut out your collage pictures and arrange on your wooden letter the way you'd like the finished project to look.
3. Remove pictures a few at a time trying to keep them in the order you had them placed on the letter and glue them to the surface then let it dry.
4. Once dry use scissors to cut along the edges of the letter so the pictures line up with the edges and really make your letter shape.
5. Coat the letter with a thin layer of mod podge to set it then let dry.

A great gift idea idea that is afforable, easy & special.

Happy holidays!

-A

1 comment:

  1. You know what, I bought a letter 'A' when Aanya turned 2. Wanted to make this picture collage letter. She is 4 now and I am still thinking :( Your post motivated me. Thanks. And definitely a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete